As the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) illness becomes more widespread we want to make sure you take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and minimise the risk of infection.
IMPORTANT: We are asking all interpreters who have recently returned from any infected area, or anyone who has been in direct contact with anyone who has, or is suspected of having the Coronavirus to ensure that they follow the guidance being issued by the NHS and the Government..
How to avoid catching or spreading germs
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Above all it is important to ALWAYS follow rigerous infection controls whenever you visit a medical facility.
Always follow posted instructions and ask a staff member if you have any queries or concerns.
For more information about the CORVID-19 Coronavirus, watch this.