IT Support Apprentice
68-70 London Road,
We are a leading translation and interpreting company established in 1991 and provide language services to both the public and commercial sectors including major blue-chip clients.
We are looking to expand our IT Team and are seeking an IT Apprentice.
The ideal person should be a team player, committed to providing a high level of customer service, keen to join a friendly, busy team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the IT Manager with the day to day running and support of the in-house PC network
- Help to provide first line IT support to our users.
- Help with the maintenance of Prestige Network’s websites.
- PC and software installation.
- Help to provide end user support and trouble shooting for desktops, laptop, printers and software.
- Monitoring Anti-Virus systems.
- Support in-house telephone systems and mobile phones.
- Website maintenance and updates.
- Updating IT equipment inventory
- Monitoring meeting room equipment is functional and available.
- Contributing towards the overall reliability and management of the IT systems.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload in an effective and accurate manner.
- Possess good interpersonal skills i.e. tact, sensitivity, ability to listen and to be assertive.
- The ability to work quickly, flexibly and effectively in response to requests made at short notice.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to contribute to and work effectively within a team environment.
- Interest in computing and technology.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Enjoys taking “ownership”.
- Professional Appearance required
- A good understanding of Windows based PCs including hardware and software.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software.
- Understand PC security including Anti-Virus systems.
- On the job training will be provided and a willingness to learn will be a vital part of this role.
- There will be the opportunity to be involved with all parts of the business and a flexible approach will be necessary.
- A general understanding of PC networks.
- Understanding of basic website content creation. Any knowledge of html would be useful.
- A desire to learn about new technologies
- Use of image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience reviewing IT equipment for purchase, such as laptops, monitors and keyboards etc.
Hours of Work
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com