Translation Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Head Office, York House, 68/70 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1LA
We are seeking a Translation Project Manager to support our Translation Team.
This is a client focused role where you’ll be responsible for supporting the Translation Project Managers in the delivery of small and large-scale translation and transcreation projects, ensuring they are on time, within budget and are compliant with company procedures and quality standards.
The job involves day-to-day management of your own translation projects, managing multiple projects simultaneously, liaising with clients and suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of files and project planning
- Preparation of files for translators, ensuring best project preparation, workflow and set up
- Budget analysis
- Identification of the resource required to deliver the project
- Negotiation as necessary
- Task allocation and issuing of Purchase Orders
- Risk Analysis
- Completion of a PM check on translations in line with our ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Recruitment of new translators including pre-qualification and rate negotiation
- Management of client and supplier relationships
Person Specification & Behaviour
- Confident, ambitious and works well under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to persevere and achieve goals
- Able to work quickly, flexibly, and effectively meeting deadlines and targets
- Adaptable and comfortable juggling a range of tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Be comfortable in client facing situations
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Able to work under own initiative without direction. The ability to prioritise and organise own workload in an effective and accurate manner, whilst working within broad guidelines
- Willingness and ability to undertake training needed to fulfil the changing requirements of the job
- Ability to be discrete and always maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Increased retention of existing customers
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased use of Translation Technology
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 6 months translation project management experience, preferably managing localisation or transcreation projects
- Ability to speak a second language
- Proficient use of CAT tools, including Trados Studio
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thrives in a deadline driven environment
- The ability to learn and implement new skills
- Ability to contribute to and work effectively individually and within a team environment
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade others
- Commercially and financially astute, with the ability to deliver projects within budget
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management essential to meet tight deadlines.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- A background within customer service.
- Knowledge of DTP packages would be desirable.
- Localisation engineering skills and knowledge would be a distinct advantage
- Machine Translation Experience a distinct advantage
- Educated to degree level (or demonstrable equivalent knowledge and experience)
- Full-time, permanent position
- Full, clean current driving licence – advantageous
- Travel within UK may be required
37 hours per week (1 Hour Lunch Break)
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
(Can work outside normal hours when required)
Competitive Salary based on experience
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Prestige Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.