Overseas Translation Project Manager
Client Services Director
Outside of the UK in Europe or in different time zones. Particularly interested in candidates from Romania, Poland, Bulgaria and Germany.
We are a leading translation and interpreting company established for 25 years and provide language services to both the Public and Commercial Sectors including major blue-chip clients.
Following significant growth during the last 2 years, we are looking to expand our Project Management Team and are seeking an overseas Translation Project Manager with Trados as well as Account Management experience.
This is a client focused role where you’ll be managing small to medium size translation projects for our large array of clients and you will also develop new business leads in a specified region and conduct research to identify potential new prospects.
The ideal Translation Project Manager should be a self-starter, have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, and must be outgoing and results-focussed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the sales team with quotations, providing pre- sales process support, advice and analysis of files.
- To discuss and understand each client’s specific requirements and to offer advice if necessary.
- To prepare files for translators, ensuring best project preparation and set up.
- To assign translators to specific projects and issuing of Purchase Orders.
- To manage multiple translation projects simultaneously, liaising with clients and suppliers on current and forthcoming projects.
- To ensure that all the correct quality checks are taken on each project to ensure compliance with ISO quality standards.
- To complete a PM check on translations in line with in-house quality procedures.
- To provide finance with the necessary information to invoice the client on completion of each project.
- Recruitment of new translators including pre-qualification and rate negotiation.
- To manage the relationships with the translators ensuring we are receiving best quality and price.
- To deal with client enquiries and complaints ensuring that they are resolved to a satisfactory outcome.
- Conduct research and identify potential new clients
- A Bachelor’s Degree in foreign languages, Translation Studies or equivalent.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English.
- Project management experience in the language industry.
- Excellent telephone manner with a focus on customer service.
- First class organisational and co-ordination abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Time management essential to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Trados is essential.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Able to work independently, without full-time hand holding due to the remote working.
- A background within customer service.
- Knowledge of DTP packages would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Products a distinct advantage.
- A flexible, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Very good at multi-tasking.
- A natural passion to provide a consistent high level of customer service.
- A team player with a helpful disposition, yet enjoys taking own initiative and can work independently.
- A confident, innovative and methodical approach to all duties.
Please specify your salary requirements.
- Full, clean current driving licence – advantageous
- 37 hours per week but able to work outside normal hours when required
- Travel within UK may be required
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week (may include weekends)
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org