Overseas Translation Project Manager
Client Services Director
To be determined, but outside of the UK, in Europe, or in different timezones.
We are a leading translation and interpreting company established for 25 years and provide language services to both the Public and Commercial Sectors including major blue chip clients.
Following significant growth during the last 2 years, we are looking to expand our Project Management Team and are seeking an overseas Translation Project Manager with Trados as well as Account Management experience.
This is a client focused role where you’ll be managing small to medium size translation projects for our large array of clients and you will also develop new business leads in a specified region and conduct research to identify potential new prospects.
The ideal Translation Project Manager should be a self-starter, have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, and must be outgoing and results-focussed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the sales team with quotations, providing pre- sales process support, advice and analysis of files.
- To discuss and understand each client’s specific requirements and to offer advice if necessary.
- To prepare files for translators, ensuring best project preparation and set up.
- To assign translators to specific projects and issuing of Purchase Orders.
- To manage multiple translation projects simultaneously, liaising with clients and suppliers on current and forthcoming projects.
- To ensure that all the correct quality checks are taken on each project to ensure compliance with ISO quality standards.
- To complete a PM check on translations in line with in-house quality procedures.
- To provide finance with the necessary information to invoice the client on completion of each project.
- Recruitment of new translators including pre-qualification and rate negotiation.
- To manage the relationships with the translators ensuring we are receiving best quality and price.
- To deal with client enquiries and complaints ensuring that they are resolved to a satisfactory outcome.
- Conduct research and identify potential new clients
- New business development overseas
- A Bachelor’s Degree in foreign languages, Translation Studies or equivalent.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Fluency in one or more languages other than English.
- Excellent telephone manner with a focus on customer service.
- First class organisational and co-ordination abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Time management essential to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Trados is essential.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Able to work independently, without full-time hand holding due to the remote working.
- A background within customer service.
- Knowledge of DTP packages would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Products a distinct advantage.
- Project management experience in the language industry would be advantageous.
- A flexible, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Very good at multi-tasking.
- A natural passion to provide a consistent high level of customer service.
- A team player with a helpful disposition, yet enjoys taking own initiative and can work independently.
- A confident, innovative and methodical approach to all duties.
Please specify your salary requirements.
- Full, clean current driving licence – advantageous
- 37 hours per week but able to work outside normal hours when required
- Travel within UK may be required
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week (may include weekends)
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com