||Business Development Manager – Public Sector
||Head Office in Newbury. Home based working would be considered as the role requires travelling within the UK.
- To source, target and win new business; and to grow existing accounts.
- To identify, qualify and build solid, high-level relationships with new business prospects in order to sell our services and to meet financial targets.
- Potential to lead the sales function
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in mid to senior sales positions.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- To recognise business needs, to develop and present proposals to new clients, always working towards providing the solution to the client.
- To follow up new business opportunities through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- To grow our customer base across selected sectors whilst establishing, developing and maintaining productive relationships with major accounts
- To be responsible for lead generation and appointment setting
- To manage the full sales cycle, working towards agreed sales targets and within the company’s culture
- To forecast and plan
- To establish good working relations with all departments within the company to increase the service effectiveness and business efficiency
- Participate in the development of the Sales function
|Person Specification and Behaviour
- A “hands on” and “can do” approach
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a team
- Support other members of the Sales Team
- Organised with the ability to self – manage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A natural communicator, leader and motivator
|Essential Skills Required
- Negotiation & presentation skills
- Commercially astute
- Ability to close business deals
- Strong sales experience
- Focus on client retention and improving the customer experience
- Experience working with a CRM System, ideally Salesforce.com
- Sales experience selling a service rather than a product.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the language industry.
| Other Information
|Full, clean current driving licence – essential
37 hours per week but able to work outside normal hours when required.
Involves travel in the UK and some overnight stops are likely
|Hours of Work
||37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 9.00 am – 5.30 pm
Friday – 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
||Competitive Salary + Benefits
To apply for this job please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com