68-70 London Road,
We require a fast, accurate audio typist to join a small but growing team at our Newbury head office. Within our secure transcription unit we transcribe highly confidential recorded interviews, producing verbatim text documents for a number of high-profile clients.
This is a great role for someone with an excellent command of English (in particular good spelling and a wide vocabulary), fantastic listening skills and superb attention to detail. Alongside these qualities, you should have 50+ wpm typing speed, good IT literacy and be comfortable working to deadlines. You will also need to maintain strict confidentiality of the material you handle.
The role requires sitting for long periods – though regular breaks are encouraged – so you should be comfortable with this aspect of the work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Transcribe multi-speaker digitally-recorded audio and visual interviews, meetings and other types of recordings.
- Managing and prioritising own workload (or as directed by Senior Transcriber/Head of Operations) to ensure work is turned around within agreed deadlines and timeframes.
- Creating, editing and reformatting all documents in line with templates and house style.
- Proof reading and checking all work for spelling, grammar, formatting, presentation and sense.
- Proactively working with other members of the team to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet internal and external clients’ quality expectations.
- Working as part of a team with other transcription staff to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Proactively clarifying instructions should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit; providing updates as to progress of work and/or ability to meet deadline.
- Sharing pertinent information with colleagues; liaising with the Senior Transcriber to ensure seamless service and highest quality at all times.
- Working flexibly and providing support to other team members.
- Ensuring confidentiality in all company and client documentation.
Background and Profile
- Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular).
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and implement this in their work.
- Ability to focus on one task for long periods of time.
Due to the nature of this work, all applicants will be required to obtain national security clearance for this role. Prestige Network will assist with applications; this will be at no cost to applicants.
Hours of Work
Ideally full time, but job share considered for the right candidates.
Usual office hours: Monday – Thursday 9am to 5.30pm, Friday 9am to 5pm
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com