Head of Operations
68-70 London Road,
Prestige Network are looking for Audio Transcribers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and talented to join our friendly team at our Newbury Head Office within our Secure Transcription Unit.
We are looking for an individual who has sound experience of audio typing/audio transcription work and is accustomed to working with sensitive and confidential information.
All Audio Transcribers will need to be able to transcribe files that vary in audio quality against client deadlines. You will have strong listening, communication, computer and time management skills and be someone who enjoys working to deadlines.
You will have a minimum typing speed of 80 wpm with a proven commitment to accuracy at a rate of 99%. Excellent knowledge of the English language with a strong emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar is essential for this role as well as a proven eye for detail with the ability to effectively listen and concentrate for periods of time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Transcribe multi-speaker digitally-recorded audio and visual interviews, meetings and other types of recordings.
• Managing and prioritising own workload (or as directed by Senior Transcriber/Head of Operations) to ensure work is turned around within agreed deadlines and timeframes producing and amending business critical documents with speed and accuracy.
• Creating, editing and reformatting all documents in line with templates and house style.
• Document revision including document comparison, formatting, styling, cross referencing and completing table of contents as required.
• Proof reading and checking all work for spelling, grammar, formatting, presentation and sense.
• Proactively working with other members of the team to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet internal and external clients’ quality expectations.
• Working as part of a team with other transcription staff to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
• Maintain open and appropriate communication lines; building relationships with internal staff, handling all interactions in a professional manner.
• Proactively clarifying instructions should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit; providing updates as to progress of work and/or ability to meet deadline.
• Accurate and timely recording of workload and output data using internal systems.
• Sharing pertinent information with colleagues; liaising with the Team Leader to ensure seamless service and highest quality at all times
• Working flexibly and providing support to other team members.
• Ensuring confidentiality in all company and client documentation.
Background and Profile
• Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular).
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to handle Confidential Information.
• Ability to receive constructive feedback and implement this in their work.
Due to the nature of this work, all applicants will be required to obtain national security clearance for this role. Prestige Network will assist with applications, this will be at no cost to applicants.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Thursday: 9.00am to 5:30pm
Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com