Audio Transcription Typist
68-70 London Road,
Within our secure transcription unit, we transcribe confidential recorded interviews, producing verbatim text documents for a number of high-profile clients. We require experienced audio typists who can help us respond to large volumes of work at peak times, on a freelance basis.
You will need an excellent command of English (in particular good spelling and a wide vocabulary), fantastic listening skills and superb attention to detail. Alongside these qualities, you should have 50+ wpm typing speed, good IT literacy and be comfortable working to deadlines. You will also need to maintain strict confidentiality of the material you handle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Transcribe multi-speaker digitally-recorded audio and visual interviews, meetings and other types of recordings.
- Managing and prioritising own workload (or as directed by Senior Transcriber/Head of Operations) to ensure work is turned around within agreed deadlines and timeframes.
- Creating, editing and reformatting all documents in line with templates and house style.
- Proof reading and checking all work for spelling, grammar, formatting, presentation and sense.
- Proactively working with other members of the team to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet internal and external clients’ quality expectations.
- Working as part of a team with other transcription staff to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Proactively clarifying instructions should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit; providing updates as to progress of work and/or ability to meet deadline.
- Sharing pertinent information with colleagues; liaising with the Senior Transcriber to ensure seamless service and highest quality at all times.
- Working flexibly and providing support to other team members.
- Ensuring confidentiality in all company and client documentation.
Background and Profile
- Audio typing/transcribing experience
- Good IT literacy (MS Word in particular)
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and implement this in their work
- Ability to focus on one task for long periods of time.
Due to the nature of this work, all applicants will be required to obtain enhanced DBS clearance. Prestige Network will assist with applications.
Hours of Work
Ad hoc (within normal office hours)
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com