Apprentice Administration Assistant
Darren Mogg – Head of Operations
68-70 London Road,
As part of the Operations function it is the role of the Apprentice to assist with administrative tasks across multiple operational departments whilst maintaining a very high standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring that there are effective communication channels with both internal and external customers.
• Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
• Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
• Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Education, Experience & Skills Required
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and have an excellent analytical and numerical skills with a good eye for detail.
• Able to communicate effectively with both internal & external clients.
Full time – 37 hours
Mon – Thu 09.00-17.30, Fri 09.00-17.00
Fruit, tea & coffee provided for all staff
NHS Top Up scheme
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Prestige Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.