Technical Translation typically covers the translation of documents including product manuals, user guides, technical specifications, patents, data sheets, contracts, manufacturing specification documentation, environmental and disaster reports and more. We are proud to have worked for many of the biggest manufacturing firms in Europe since inception in 1991.
Our Translators are all native speakers of their language and fluent in English, with significant experience in the technical industry and a strong understanding of the unique demands of the sector, including terminology and vocabulary. Technical translation requires full mastery of both the source and target languages, as well as in-depth knowledge of the particular specialist field concerned. The subject matter is so detailed that technical translation requires a high threshold level of experience – an ‘almost-right’ term won’t do. In addition to being qualified, accredited translators, each will specialise in one or more of the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Oil and Gas
- Maritime & Shipping
Some of our technical clients:
- Our project management team are experienced in different subject areas and are all linguists with a genuine passion for language.
- Quality is guaranteed with ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- All of our linguists have direct experience in the relevant sector to ensure accuracy is paramount.
- We have robust data handling and security procedures in place and are externally audited each year. We have recently been awarded the CyberEssentials certification and are working towards ISO:27001
- We’re one of a select handful of suppliers to have been accredited by the Crown Commercial Services, and we’re also on every other major public sector procurement framework.
- In the past year alone, we’ve worked with almost 170 large public sector organisations, from Councils on the south coast right up to NHS Trusts in Glasgow.
We cover translation, localisation, complex DTP, face-to-face simultaneous interpreting as well as telephone and video interpreting, transcription, voiceovers and non-spoken languages including BSL and Braille.
We manage a large pool of experienced, qualified linguists, enabling us to provide a top-quality service to clients, often within demanding timescales. All of our project management team are linguists with a real passion for language.
Our aim is that our clients recognise us as the best in the market, both in terms of quality, accuracy and value but also for our friendly, professional and customer-centric service.
All areas of the business were independently audited, with procedures assessed and compliance verified.
Selected highlights from the report are below:
Customer Satisfaction Rate: 97%
Fulfilment rate across all clients Interpreting : 93- 97 %
Fulfilment rate across all clients Translation: 97.83 %
On time delivery of translation projects: 98.89%
ISO:9001 certification means that commercial clients and public sector clients alike can rest assured that our quality management systems are best-in-class.
- Health and safety including Material Safety Data Sheets
- Legal compliance documentation
- Technical manuals and software
- Product information / brochures
- Engineering specifications
- User guides and operating manuals
- Client communications, tenders, proposals and contracts
- Interpreting for conferences, events and training
- Websites / marketing
- Training material including e-learning materials
More About Translation
Dawn has a degree in French & German with an MA in Translation Studies. She and her team take care of over 1,700 complex projects each year for clients ranging from City banks, law firms, film studios, sports teams, universities and more.
What Goes Into High-Quality Technical Translation?
More About Interpreting
Waheeda is our Interpreting Manager and heads up an amazing team fulfilling thousands of bookings a month. She is currently studying for an MSc in Social & Community Development and has a wealth of experience working in the Public & Third Sector.