Translation Project Manager
Client Services Delivery Manager
Head Office, York House, 68-70 London Road, Newbury RG14 1LA
We are seeking an experienced Translation Project Manager with a minimum of 2 years’ experience to support our Translation Team from beginning of September 2016.
This is a client focused role where you’ll be responsible for the planning and execution of translation projects including the management of quality, cost, and schedules to ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of all projects, ensuring they are on time, within budget and are compliant with company procedures and quality standards.
- To assist the sales team with quotations, providing pre- sales process support, advice and analysis of files.
- To manage multiple translation projects simultaneously, liaising with clients and suppliers.
- To prepare files for translators, ensuring best project preparation and set up.
- To assign translators to specific projects and issuing of Purchase Orders.
- To complete a PM check on translations in line with in-house quality procedures.
- To provide finance with the necessary information to invoice the client on completion of each project.
- Recruitment of new translators including pre-qualification and rate negotiation.
- To manage the relationships with the translators ensuring we are receiving best quality and price
Person Specification & Behaviour:
- Ability to be discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to persevere and achieve goals
- Able to work quickly, flexibly, and effectively meeting deadlines and targets
- Adaptable and comfortable juggling a range of tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic and change environment
- Extremely customer focused
- Pro-active, ability to work under own initiative without direction. The ability to prioritise and organise own workload in an effective and accurate manner, whilst working within broad guidelines
- Willingness and ability to undertake training needed to fulfil the changing requirements of the job
- Increased retention of existing customers
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased use of Translation Technology
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years translation project management experience
- Experience of managing complex projects
- Previous experience of using a database and the ability to learn and implement new skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade others
- Commercially and financially astute, with the ability to deliver projects within budget
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability and confidence to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to and work effectively individually and within a team environment
- Ability to speak a second language
- Strong computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with CAT tools, in particular Trados.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Time management essential to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- A background within customer service.
- Knowledge of DTP packages would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Products a distinct advantage.
Educated to degree level (or demonstrable equivalent knowledge and experience)
- Full, clean current driving licence – advantageous
- 37 hours per week but able to work outside normal hours when required
- Travel within UK may be required
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Competitive Salary based on experience (£20-24K)
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to Lorraine Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org