Shohreh Fleming, CFO
Head Office, York House, 68-70 London Road, Newbury RG14 1LA.
- As a member of the Management team, provide professional leadership and Management support to the Board of Directors and Managers to enhance their effectiveness and improve company efficiency and culture.
- Leading the Finance, HR and Business Administration team to improve standards and ensure accurate and timely reporting at all levels.
- This is a key role within the Company assisting Board to develop, evaluate and monitor business strategy, organizational performance and the most effective use of recourses whilst promoting a positive business ethos.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Leadership and Strategy
- Attend Management Meetings to influence strategic decision making and enable delivery of strategic and quality objectives.
- In the absence of the financial director take delegated responsibility for financial decisions in accordance with planned budget.
- Manage and contribute to the development of business strategy, annual plans, budget setting and reporting.
- Develop and implement Human Resources strategy and workforce planning.
- Plan and manage any agreed change ensuring appropriate consultation and legal requirements are considered.
- Use data and benchmarking information (internal and external) to evaluate and report and make recommendations to board on a range of topics
- Promote a positive business ethos with an attitude of success, communicating with and engaging staff, managers and stakeholders.
Management and Administration
- Lead and Manage the HR, Finance and Business Administration team (including H&S, facilities and property management) establishing measurable performance targets, ensuring all are met or exceeded.
- Submission of an annual ‘business plan’ for finance and office management detailing a forecast of resources required to deliver.
- Establish effective methods to manage, monitor, review and improve expenditure, business processes, leadership, and performance.
- Monitor and improve performance and accuracy of all data recording and reporting, to include financial data, payroll and personal data relating to employees.
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place that deliver desired strategic outcomes, allow departments to interact, avoiding duplication and maximizing efficiency.
- Ensure all facilities are maintained to sufficient standard, ensuring all contractual requirements and site visits are planned, with adequate records kept.
- Ensure satisfactory level of building security and insurance are in place.
- Ensure all H&S policies and procedures are in place and communicated to all staff.
- Ensure systems are in place for the identification of hazards and conducting risk assessments.
- Ensure a system is in place for the effective monitoring, measuring and reporting of H&S issues to Board of Directors and HSE where appropriate.
Person Specification & Behaviour:
- Commercially and financially astute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade and influence others.
- Pro-active, with ability to work under own initiative without direction, yet also able to follow direction and work in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
- Able to constructively challenge self and others to continually improve own and team performance.
- Able to work flexibly, adopt a ‘hands on’ approach, and respond to unplanned situations.
- Ability to evaluate own development needs and those of others and to address them.
- A willingness to seek specialist advice and awareness of where and when to seek it.
- Commitment to the Company ethos with the ability to promote positive messages and engage staff.
- Able to listen and to be assertive yet acting with tack and sensitivity.
- Ensure compliance and timely reporting on regulatory, legal and statutory requirements in regards to finance, H&S, data protection and employment law.
- Improve culture, motivation, staff engagement and reputation of the company internally and externally through application of appropriate policies and ensuring effective leadership and management throughout the company.
- Effectively manage, engage and motivate staff within the team, inspiring them to succeed.
- Develop, evaluate and monitor business strategy, introduce performance measures to improve performance and make the most effective use of recourses.
- Promote a professional and positive business ethos.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working within a senior finance or business management position
- A minimum of 3-5 years people management experience with the ability to lead and establish respect at all levels.
- Commercially and financially astute, with evidence of finance, business or administrative management experience to support the day to day operation of a company within financial constraints.
- Good understanding and experience of accounting practices and budget planning and control.
- Experience of procurement the process and ability to manage suppliers, contractors and tender documentation.
- Evidence of being an effective leader with the ability to build relationships and trust at all levels.
- Experience of developing and managing strategic and financial plans and influencing decision making.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade others.
- Experience of managing change and implementing new systems/ procedures/controls.
- Excellent attention to detail
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience working in SME companies
- Experience of premises management, maintenance and repair.
- Previous experience of H&S legislation and its application.
- Project Management experience.
- Previous experience of managing an HR/payroll function.
- Ability to speak a second language
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent level of knowledge acquired through experience)
- Recognised accounting qualification. (or equivalent level of knowledge acquired through experience)
- Recognised management/business qualification (or equivalent level of knowledge acquired through experience)
- Full, clean current driving licence – essential
- 37 hours per week but able to work outside normal hours when required
- Limited travel within the UK may be required
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.30 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Salary £35-40K depending on experience
Please forward your CV and Covering Letter to Lorraine Brown: email@example.com